Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Can't Even..........

Let me preface this blog today by stating that:
I LOVE MY WONDERFUL, AMAZING HUSBAND OF
21 YEARS MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPRESS!!!
My sweet, amazing husband is turning 40....yep FOUR-TEE!!! The big FOUR OH!!! Tomorrow. I am so happy that he has made it to this milestone......even though he has been married to, hitched to, stuck with, tied down to me for all these years. He is a survivor.
We have a pretty great and wonderful relationship, me and Val. We adore one another endlessly. We respect one another consistently. We grow together emotionally and spiritually. We love one another unconditionally and forever. Yet at the same time we respect each other's individuality. We encourage each other's separate friendships. We don't scoff at individual activities and actually see the good in them. We don't smother one another with untrust and we never lose control of allowing someone else to be in control. We have lived this life together without jealousy and have watched at the other encounters gain and loss. We have created individual friendships and nourished them. We have separate activities in which we engage; and both of us like it this way.
With ALL that being said, something has changed this last week or so....maybe the last 2 or 3 days even. If you have ever seen us at church, we are pretty separate creatures. We arrive together and we leave together. The time in between, we can be seen chatting with other couples, counseling some, encouraging others. We can be caught meeting new people and getting closer to old friends. We like it this way.
But this change.........this..............different Val. He has to go!!! Last night at church....he was by my side constantly. I would try to get away to talk to Marcella.....he would follow me. I tried to talk to Dave....he followed me. I tried to talk to Miguel....he followed me. I attempted to chat with Danielle....he followed me. No matter what I did...........he followed me.
Does he know something is up? Does he realize, in his advancing age that I AM UP TO SOMETHING?!?!? I am so glad he has no Facebook.....he has no clue.
Let me leave it at this:
HIS FACE....WHEN HE SEES THE SURPRISES I HAVE FOR HIM.....
WILL BE P R I C E L E S S ! ! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment